Sunday, April 21, 2013

Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart


23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalms 129:23-24)


But if we, as a people, could live so as to be able at all times to bow before the Lord and offer up a prayer like this, what a delightful thing it would be, what an attainment we should have acquired in righteousness and good works!  I would recommend that every person adopt this prayer of David and see how near he can live according to the light that he has, so as to make it in all sincerity We must be true men and true women; we must have faith largely developed, and we must be worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost to aid us in the work of righteousness all the day long, to enable us to sacrifice our own will to the will of the Father, to battle against our fallen nature, and to do right for the love of doing right, keeping our eye single to the honor and glory of God.
(The Teachings of Lorenzo Snow)  Lesson given by Kristy Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment